CLERMONT, Fla. - Chelsea Shellman (2-3) homered to left field with two outs in the top of the 7th to bring the Bulldogs within one point of tying the game, 3-4, but Rose-Hulman was able to get the third out and cap the 4-3 win.
Final Score: Rose-Hulman 4, Adrian 3
Location: Clermont, Florida (Legends Way 3)
Records: Rose-Hulman (4-3), Adrian (1-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Rose-Hulman scored three runs, two unearned, in the bottom of the first inning to take an early 3-0 lead over Adrian.
• Maddie Struble singled to right field, scoring Jenny Miller to make the score 1-0.
• The next batter, Morgan Dreyer, reached first on an error that would have been the third out, advancing Struble to second.
• Michelle Korf was able to hit a double that scored both runners before the Bulldogs were able to close out the first inning.
• The next scoring play happened at the top of the fifth inning when Kallie Derrer scored on a Shellman single to center field to cut the Fightin' Engineers lead to two runs, 3-1.
• Dreyer extended the lead for Rose-Hulman in the sixth inning when she grounded out to second, scoring Miller to put the score at 4-1 in favor of the Fightin' Engineers.
• With two outs, Shellman homered to left field scoring two runs that brought Adrian within one point of tying the game, but Rose-Hulman was able to get the final out of the game on the next play.
• Shellman finished the game going 2-for-3 in the batter's box. She tallied three RBIs and scored one run.
• Paige Cubberly (L, 0-1) pitched 5.0 innings while allowing four hits, four runs (two earned), and struck out four batters.
• Korf (1-3) led Rose-Hulman with two RBIs.
• Struble (1-3) and Dreyer (1-3) each registered one RBI and one run.
• Korf (W, 3-1) pitched all seven innings and allowed six hits, three runs (two earned), struck out one batter and allowed one home run.
• Adrian will wrap up the Florida trip tomorrow playing Johnson & Wales (R.I.) at 11:30 a.m., followed by Cabrini at 2:00 p.m.