ANGOLA, Ind. - The Adrian College women's soccer team scored three second-half goals to cruise to a 4-0 win on Tuesday night. Mackenzie Wilcox scored the game-winner and also tallied an assist to lead the Bulldogs.
Final Score: Adrian 4, Trine 0
Location: Angola, Indiana (Weaver Field)
Records: Adrian ( MIAA), Trine ( MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Bulldogs scored early in the 12th minute of the game when Wilcox scored off an assist by Kimberly Lindberg to give Adrian the 1-0 lead. The score would stand at 1-0 for the duration of the first half.
Caroline Fleming scored in the 78th minute to give Adrian a 2-0 cushion. Claire Baghera would increase the Bulldog lead with a goal in the 83rd minute. Tayler O'Dell scored her first goal of the season in the 85th minute to finish off the scoring for Adrian. She was assisted on the play by Wilcox.
The Bulldogs finished the game with a 15-5 advantage in shot attempts, 12-2 in shots on goal, and a 4-1 decision in corner kicks. With today's shutout, Adrian has held its last four opponents scoreless for a total of 453 minutes and 23 seconds.
• Wilcox finished the game with three points (one goal, one assist) to lead the Adrian offense. She tallied five shot attempts, three of which were on net.
• Fleming scored once on a game-high four shots on goal on five total attempts.
• Both Baghera and O'Dell scored on their only shot of the game.
• Ayverie Giller (W, 9-3-2) saved both shots she faced in the game to complete her sixth shutout of the season.
• Marisa Robinett tallied a team-high two shots on goal for the game.
• Erica Hoot recorded a shot on goal for the Thunder.
• Morgan Sanderson, Gigi Jarratt, and Rachael Liberty each had a shot attempt.
The Bulldogs travel to Albion on Saturday, October 14 to face the Britons in MIAA action. Kickoff is scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m., ET.