ALLIANCE, Ohio – The Adrian College women's lacrosse team lost to Mount Union in decisive fashion, 19-2, on Tuesday, April 16. The two goals are the fewest the Bulldogs have scored in a game this season.
Final Score: Mount Union 19, Adrian 2
Location: Alliance, Ohio (Mount Union Stadium)
Records: AC 7-5, MU 13-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mount Union dominated the game from the beginning, scoring the game's first 10 goals to make it a running clock with 5:20 left in the first. Adrian finally got on to the scoresheet with 3:45 left before halftime when sophomore Gwyneth Carlson found the back of the cage, stopping the clock. The Purple Raiders picked up two more before the half, giving them a 12-1 lead at the break.
The second half started similar to the first, with Mount Union scoring five more to open the half. This time AC was able to score after five, when senior Annie Rice put one home. But just like the first, the Bulldogs weren't able to score again and the hosts scored twice more, sealing the win, 19-2.
Adrian was successful on most of its clear attempts, going 14-16 in the game and 10-11 in the first half. The Black and Gold also matched the Purple Raiders in draw controls, with each team coming away with 11.
• Carlson and Rice scored for the Bulldogs, both unassisted.
• Carlson and freshman Cristin Culbertson each scooped up two ground balls to lead the team.
• Freshman Olive Stevens had six of AC's 11 draw controls.
• Kenzie Pensyl and Sydney Bumbarger each scored four times.
• Pensyl, Ashley Bernardi, and Brisa Seibert each had three ground balls, and Pensyl and Danielle Rohrman led the team with three draw controls each.
• Mimi Curtis and Molly McGinnis each played a half and combined for eight saves.
Adrian will look to bounce back this weekend when Olivet comes to town. The game is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. The team's four graduating players will be honored for their time in the Black and Gold at halftime of the game.
#GoBulldogs | #EarnIt