ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team was defeated at home by Mount Union 20-3 on Saturday afternoon. The Bulldogs scored all three of their goals in the second half to thwart the Raider shutout.
Final Score: Mount Union 20, Adrian 3
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Mount Union (5-0), Adrian (1-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Raiders came out firing as they scored seven goals in the opening five minutes of the game. Mount Union held Adrian scoreless throughout the first 30 minutes to take a 15-0 lead into the locker room at halftime.
Gwyneth Brodbeck (Lake Orion, Mich.) scored first for the Bulldogs in the opening minute of the second half. Jenna Carter (Canton, Mich.) was the next scorer for Adrian with 12:03 remaining on the clock to bring the score to 19-2, Raiders. Mariesa Johnson (Algonac, Mich.) tallied the final Bulldog goal with just over four minutes left in regulation.
• Annie Rice (Reisterstown, Md.) tallied the lone assist as well as led Adrian with four draw controls in the losing effort.
• Hannah Emerson (Commerce Twp., Mich.) and Brodbeck led the Bulldogs with three ground balls.
• Emerson tallied a career-high in saves with 21. She finished with a save percentage of 51.2%, also a career-high.
• Danielle Rohrman led the Raiders with four goals.
• Kenzie Pensyl and Marjie McNamara each tallied a hat-trick.
• Britt Klosterman finished with a game-high five assists.
Adrian will hit the road next weekend to face Wooster on Saturday, March 24 at 1:00 p.m., ET.