ALBION, Mich. - The Adrian College women's lacrosse team won its third straight conference game with a 15-14 win over Albion. Emily Smith scored the final goal for the Bulldogs with just three seconds remaining in regulation.
Final Score: Adrian 15, Albion 14
Location: Albion, Michigan (Davis Athletic Complex
Records: Adrian (4-6, 3-1 MIAA), Albion (3-8, 2-3 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Annie Rice gave the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead in the opening two minutes of the first half.
• Albion responded with four straight goals to take a 4-1 lead.
• The Bulldogs would rally back, tying the game at nine goals each with just 17 seconds left in the first half.
• The score remained close throughout the second half with neither team being able to pull away from the other.
• With the score tied at 14, Adrian called a timeout with after a successful clear attempt with 1:21 remaining in the game.
• Smith scored a goal after the Bulldog timeout to take the lead 15-14 with just nine seconds left to play.
• Annie Rice and Smith each scored a hat trick for Adrian.
• Ava Cares scored twice and tallied one assist. She also contributed five draw controls.
• Annika Nuler led the team with seven draw controls while scoring two goals.
• Rachel Smestad helped defensively with two caused turnovers.
• Lauren Wiegand (6) and Cait Gaitley (5) led the Britons in goals. Wiegand led with a team-high five groundballs and three caused turnovers.
• Shannon Kahl scored a goal, tallied two assists, and two groundballs.
• Jenina Villabroza had a team-high four groundballs.
• Adrian finishes off its three-game road trip on Friday when it faces Alma at 4:00 p.m.