ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's lacrosse team earned its first win in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) after a 25-3 victory over Olivet on Tuesday night. Annie Rice led the Bulldogs, scoring 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in the win.
Final Score: Adrian 25, Olivet 3
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (2-6, 1-1 MIAA), Olivet (0-8, 0-3 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Bulldogs answered the Comets opening goal by scoring 16 of their own to take a 16-1 lead into the locker room at the half.
• Annika Nuler (unassisted) scored the first Adrian goal to tie the game, 1-1. She scored two goals total in the opening half.
• Jenna Carter and Rice each scored three goals in the opening half. Rice also tallied six of her seven total assists in the first.
• Olivet scored the opening goal in the second half just 1:10 into the period to put the score at 16-2 in favor of Adrian.
• Sterling added her second goal of the game that started a nine-goal run for the Bulldogs in the second half.
• Rice tallied four shots on goal and three ground balls to her game-high 10 points.
• Carter finished with three goals and three assists as well as tying for a game-high six ground balls and five caused turnovers. She also hauled in two draw controls.
• Cares and Paradis had a team-high three draw controls.
• Smith, Sterling, Cares, Paradis, Nicholas, Johnson, and Nuler each scored twice.
• Cassie Veenkant (W, 2-2) allowed only one goal and made one save in 30:00 of play.
• Krystin Verran led the Comets with two goals, six ground balls, nine draw controls and two caused turnovers.
• Paige Harcourt scored a goal, pulled in one groundball and a draw control.
• Miranda Mors tallied Olivet's only assist in the game.
• Adrian will look for its second conference win, facing Trine on the road Saturday, April 15 at 1:00 p.m.