UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, Ohio - The Adrian College women's lacrosse team opened up the 2017 season with a road contest at John Carroll University. The Blue Streaks won the game 18-6. The Bulldogs were led by Jenna Carter who scored a hat trick in the losing effort.
Final Score: John Carroll 18, Adrian 6
Location: University Heights, Ohio (Don Shula Stadium)
Records: John Carroll (1-0), Adrian (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: John Carroll 12, Adrian 1
• John Carroll took a 6-0 lead around the midway mark of the first half.
• The Blue Streaks would score six additional goals before the teams would go back to the locker room for halftime.
Second Half: John Carroll 18, Adrian 6
• John Carroll scored two goals in the opening two minutes of the half to increase the lead 14-1.
• Adrian would cut the lead to 10 when Jenna Carter, Smith, and Annika Nuler each scored a goal for the Bulldogs. Both Carter and Smith's goals were unassisted; Nuler's came from a free position shot.
• Adrian would score the final two goals of the game, both by Carter. The first was an unassisted goal with 7:46 remaining in regulation. The last goal came with a man-up with 5:15 left to play. The goal completed Carter's hat trick.
• Jenna Carter led Adrian in scoring with three goals on three shots. She also hauled in one ground ball, one caused turnover, and had a draw control.
• Emily Smith scored twice and had three ground balls.
• Nuler added a team-high four ground balls, one caused turnover, and one draw control to her goal.
• Grace Curatolo (5) and Gina Vilsack (4) led the team in scoring.
• Brooke McQuinn had a game-high nine ground balls.
• Alexis Guage led the team with three caused turnovers.
• The Bulldogs will stay on the road, traveling to face Birmingham Southern on Thursday, March 2 at 7:00 p.m.