PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. - Adrian scored with 55 seconds remaining in overtime to edge No. 6 Middlebury 3-2 in the consolation game of the UNO Classic on Sunday afternoon. Tory Harshman scored once and assisted on the other two Bulldog goals to lead the team to its second victory over a ranked opponent this season.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Middlebury 2 (OT)
Location: Plattsburgh, New York
Records: Adrian (7-2-1), Middlebury (2-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Panthers took a 1-0 lead into the locker room for the first intermission off a Jessica Young goal at the 16:41 mark of the period. Anna Zumwinkle assisted on the goal.
Katherine Jackson scored a power-play goal just over a minute into the second period to give Middlebury a 2-0 cushion.
Harshman knotted things up with a power-play goal in the final 30 seconds of the second period off an assist from Brooke Lupi.
The score would remain tied at two throughout the third period forcing an overtime period. Following a Panther penalty in the final two minutes of the overtime period, Brooke Schembri scored the game-winner with just 55 seconds remaining on the clock to give Adrian the 3-2 win.
Adrian doubled up Middlebury in shots, 50-25. The Bulldogs went 3-7 on power plays along with 6-7 on the penalty kill. Adrian also won the faceoff battle 34-28.
• Harshman scored three points (1,2) on four shots and went 2-3 in the faceoff circle to help lead the Bulldogs in the win.
• Krasofsky scored off four shots; Schembri scored her goal on three shots.
• Jacqueline White, O'Sullivan, and Lupi each tallied an assist in the game. O'Sullivan registered a team-high seven shots on goal on the day.
• Kortney Diaz was the team's leading faceoff winner going 9-15 in the dot. Krasofsky also won nine faceoffs on 18 attempts. White was a perfect 6-6 on the faceoff.
• Kate Turner (W, 6-2-1) made 23 saves to record her sixth win of the season.
• Young was the Panther's leading scorer with two points (1,1).
• Jackson scored on her only shot in the game.
• Maddie Winslow and Anna Zumwinkle each had an assist.
• Anna Goldstein (L, 0-1-0) saved 47 of the 50 shots she faced in the losing effort.
Two Adrian College women's hockey players were named to the UNO Classic All-Tournament team:
Kelcey Crawford, Elmira (MVP)
Emma Crocker, Elmira
Kristin Chivers, Elmira
Courtney Moriarty, Plattsburgh State
Erin McArdle, Plattsburgh State
Tory Harshman, Adrian
Adrian will continue on the road next weekend with an NCHA weekend matchup at Aurora on Friday and Saturday, December 1-2 before taking a break for the holidays. Friday's game is scheduled for a 6:00 p.m., ET, opening puck drop; Saturday's game will begin at 1:00 p.m., ET.