THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The Adrian College men's volleyball saw its program-record six-match winning streak snapped by California Lutheran on Thursday, March 7 in match one of the Cal-Lu-Fornia Invitational. The Kingsmen are the hosts of the invitational and were nationally-ranked two weeks ago.
Final Score: California Lutheran 3, Adrian 0 (25-23, 25-19, 25-18)
Location: Thousand Oaks, Calif. (Gilbert Arena)
Records: AC 11-6, CL 6-7
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian gave the tournament host all it could handle in the first set, never trailing by more than four. However, the Bulldogs did trail almost the entire set and couldn't erase the deficit to take the set, falling 25-23 to open the match. The second set didn't get any better for the Black and Gold, as AC hit .000 in the 25-19 set loss. The Kingsmen were able to finish the Bulldogs off in the third set, taking it 25-18 and hitting a match-high .361 to Adrian's .259, which was the best the Bulldogs hit in the match.
• Junior setter Joseph Campana finished the match with 25 assists, putting him three shy of eclipsing the 2,000 mark on his career.
• Marcinkowski led the defense with 11 digs and Gold assisted on four blocks.
• Patrick Rowe and Andrew Reina each had a match-high 10 kills.
• Grant Nelson finished with 25 assists.
• Rowe and Reina led the Kingsmen with six digs apiece while Brendan Ward had six block assists.
Adrian is back in action again on Friday, March 8 with a pair of games as part of the Cal-Lu-Fornia Invitational. The Bulldogs face the Banana Slugs of UC Santa Cruz at 4 p.m. and then play Rivier at 7 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #ACMV | #Culture19 | #BulldogBall