HIRAM, Ohio – The Adrian College men's volleyball team won its second match in a row by beating Thomas More in straight sets to close out the Hiram Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 19.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Thomas More 0 (25-18, 25-21, 25-14)
Location: Hiram, Ohio (Price Gymnasium)
Records: AC 4-3, TMU 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian jumped out to a dominant start to the match, opening a 9-2 lead before Thomas More called timeout. The Bulldogs kept rolling, extending their lead to 19-8 before moving on to the 25-18 set win. Six different Bulldogs picked up kills in the first set.
The second set was closer, with the Saints going on a run in the beginning of the set to open an 8-4 lead. AC wouldn't quit and went on a 9-1 run to put the set in Adrian's favor at 17-12. The Black and Gold didn't look back from that point and won the eight points they needed to take the second set 25-20.
Adrian was only 25 points away from victory at that point and the Bulldogs didn't waste any time closing out the match, taking the final set 25-14. AC went on a 12-2 run in the middle of the set to really open the set up and close out the match. The Bulldogs hit at a .400 rate in the final set, committing only three attack errors to close it out.
• Junior Noah Marcinkowski was the only Adrian player to hit double digit kills, finishing with 10.
• Junior setter Joseph Campana finished with 25 assists and picked up three service aces.
• Campana also led the team in digs, with 10, while senior Michael Burkhardt had a hand in three blocks.
• Nick Richard led Thomas More with nine kills.
• Tanner Miller assisted on 23 points for the Saints.
• Ryan Hans led the defense with seven digs.
The Bulldogs are back in action again on Tuesday, Jan. 29 when they travel to Olivet for the first conference matchup in the Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League this year. First serve against the Comets is slated for 7 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #ACMV | #Culture19 | #BulldogBall