ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Adrian College men's volleyball team dropped to 1-6 in the Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League after a 3-1 decision to league opponent Loras on Friday night. Setter Joseph Campana (Los Angeles, Calif.) led the Bulldogs with 25 assists and three kills (.600 K%) in the losing effort.
Final Score: Loras 3, Adrian 1 (25-21, 25-23, 18-25, 25-17)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Loras (9-10, 2-4 MCVL), Adrian (5-12, 1-6 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Duhawks took a 1-0 lead off a four-point win in the first set. Loras hit .290 in the opening set while totaling 13 kills. The Bulldogs (5-12, 1-6 MCVL) hit a match-low, .083 in the first set.
Adrian tallied seven straight points to tie the score, 23-23, in the second set before the Duhawks closed out with the final two points to jump to a 2-0 set lead.
The Bulldogs broke a 14-14 tie with a 5-0 run to take the lead and the set, 25-18. The win forced a fourth set and cut the Loras lead to just one game (2-1).
The Duhawks controlled the fourth set, taking a 19-11 lead before closing out the match with a 25-17 victory. Despite the score, the Bulldogs had their best game offensively in the fourth with a .217 team hitting percentage.
• Noah Marcinkowski (Menifee, Calif.) led Adrian with 11 kills (.286). He also contributed two service aces, six digs, one block assist, and one assist.
• Kyle Bell (Lake Orion, Mich.) led the Bulldogs defense with 12 digs while also helping offensively with an assist.
• Dylan Ross was the Loras offensive leader with 15 kills.
• Alfredo Lopez paced the offense with 38 assists.
• Blair Anderson led in digs with 11 while Austin Kuchenbecker had a team-high five block assists.
Adrian will host Augustana (Ill.) College tomorrow (March 24) for another MCVL matchup. The match is scheduled for a 1:00 p.m., EDT, first serve.