ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Adrian College men's volleyball team suffered a 3-0 defeat at the hands of cross-town rival Siena Heights University on Saturday night in the Merillat Sports and Fitness Center. Michael Burkhardt (Whitehall, Pa.) led the Bulldogs with nine kills in the losing effort.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Adrian 0 (25-18, 25-15, 25-21)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Siena Heights (10-4), Adrian (5-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Errors plagued Adrian in the first set as the Bulldogs had a negative team hitting percentage (-.040) in the 25-18 loss.
Adrian bounced back in the second set, tallying a .222 percentage, but the Saints countered with a .345 and were able to come away with the 25-15 decision and a 2-0 lead. Tyler Hubbard-Neil helped put the game away with three service aces at the end of the second.
SHU pulled away in the third set and took a nine-point lead, 24-15, before ending the match with a kill by Keegan Crawford after a 3-0 run by the Bulldogs.
• Burkhardt added two blocks and a dig to his team-high nine kills.
• Noah Marcinkowski (Menifee, Calif.) finished with seven kills, five digs, and four blocks.
• Kevin Curley (Zion, Ill.) registered five kills, four digs, and three blocks.
• Joseph Campana (Los Angeles, Calif.) paced the Adrian attack with 26 assists while also contributing defensively with five digs.
• Avery Johnson (Bolingbrook, Ill.) added four blocks and four kills.
• Kyle Bell (Lake Orion, Mich.) tied a match-high 12 digs to lead the Bulldog defense.
• Kyle Browne and Hubbard-Neil led the Saints with 15 and 13 kills respectively.
• Keegan Crawford had a match-high 32 assists and also tallied four digs.
• Jack Pranckus led the defense with 12 digs.
Adrian takes on Mount St. Joseph in MCVL action on Friday, March 16 at 7:00 p.m., ET. It is the team's conference home opener.