ST. LOUIS - The Adrian College men's volleyball team suffered a 3-1 loss on the road at Fontbonne. Joseph Campana led the Bulldogs with 33 assists while also contributing eight digs.
Final Score: Fontbonne 3, Adrian 1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-16, 25-18)
Location: St. Louis, Mo. (DSAC)
Records: Fontbonne (6-2, 1-0 MCVL), Adrian (2-5, 0-1 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead after building a six-point lead on the way to a 25-23 win in the first set. The Bulldogs had a team attack of .227 in the set, the largest percentage of the match.
Fontbonne built a small lead in the second set and maintained it throughout to tie the match at one game apiece.
The Griffins tallied a 6-0 lead to begin the third set. Adrian cut the deficit to just two points, 11-9, but failed to tie or take the lead as Fontbonne took a 2-1 lead with a 25-16 decision in game three.
Fontbonne secured a ten-point lead, 22-12, before closing out the match in the fourth for a 3-1 win.
• Noah Marcinkowski was the lead attacker for the Bulldogs with 13 kills. He also contributed five digs and one service ace.
• Kevin Curley had the second-most digs (9) on the team and also recorded seven kills.
• Avery Johnson finished with six kills and three block assists.
• Kyle Bell led Adrian with 10 digs. He also registered two assists.
• Mark Klusman had a match-high 15 kills while also notching a solo block.
• Brendon Schwartze had 12 kills, four digs, and three block assists.
• Stephen Lendy had a double-double with 11 kills and 10 digs.
• Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell paced the Griffin attack with 31assists.
The Bulldogs travel to face Greenville tomorrow, Saturday, February 17. The match is set to start at 2:00 p.m., ET.