FOND DU LAC, Wis. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team finished the 2017 campaign on the road at Marian (Wis). The Sabres came out with the 3-0 victory over the Bulldogs. Noah Marcinkowski led Adrian in the losing effort with 12 kills in the match. With the loss, the Bulldogs finish with a 4-21 overall mark for the season and a 3-16 MCVL record. The four wins are the most for the Adrian men's volleyball program (finished second season as a NCAA sport).
Final Score: Marian (Wis.) 3, Adrian 0 (25-15, 25-18, 25-22)
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (Sadoff Gym)
Records: Marian (Wis.) (9-17, 6-13 MCVL), Adrian (4-21, 3-16 MCVL).
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Marian took a quick 1-0 lead after a 25-15 set one win. The Sabres held Adrian to a .000 attack percentage while hitting for .444 in the first set.
• The Bulldogs improved in the second set but still fell 25-18. Adrian hit .227 for the set, the highest percentage for the team in the match.
• The third set had the closest score of the match with the Sabres winning 25-22 to take the match 3-0.
• Marcinkowski added three service aces, eight digs, and one solo block to his team-high 12 kills.
• Joseph Campana paced the Bulldog offense with 20 assists. He also contributed defensively with eight digs.
• Daniel Contreras led the Adrian defensive efforts with 10 digs.
• Lucas Rusnak tallied two block assists for the match.
• Aaron Wendels had a match-high 14 kills to lead Marian.
• Joey Dittman recorded 29 assists to set the tone for the Sabre offense. He also tallied seven digs.
• Cullen Liberski contributed a match-high 11 digs for the match.
SEASON WRAP UP
• Adrian finishes the 2017 season with a 4-21 overall record and a 3-16 conference record. Both of those marks are a three game improvement for the team from last season.