ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team started hot, winning the first two sets over No. 14 MSOE, but the Raiders rallied back to force a fifth set and took the match 3-2 on Saturday morning in the Merillat Sports and Fitness Center. Avery Johnson led the Bulldogs offense with 10 kills.
Final Score: MSOE 3, Adrian 0 (17-25, 22-25, 25-14, 25-16, 15-9)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: MSOE (19-3, 15-2 MCVL), Adrian (3-19, 2-14 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian started fast, scoring eight straight points after the opening score by MSOE to take an 8-1 lead.
• The Raiders would cut the Bulldog lead to one point, 11-10, but Adrian would never surrender the lead, winning the set 25-17 to take a quick 1-0 lead.
• Much like the opening set, the Bulldogs took an early lead and kept it throughout the set. However, MSOE was able to tie the score a few times before Adrian finished off with a 25-22 win and a substantial 2-0 lead in the match.
• The Raiders rallied in the third taking a 6-2 lead to start the set. The Bulldogs struggled to get the score tied as MSOE earned its first set win of the match, 25-14.
• Adrian was able to keep the score closer in the fourth, however, the Raiders took an early 4-0 lead that propelled them to a set four win to force a fifth and deciding set.
• MSOE took control in the fifth to earn the match victory with a 15-9 set win.
• Johnson recorded one assist and six digs along with his team-high 10 kills.
• Joseph Campana set the pace for the offense with 26 assists while also leading the team in digs with 12.
• Lucas Rusnak tallied three block assists and a kill in the losing effort.
• Noah Marcinkowski contributed nine kills, two assists, seven digs and two block assists.
• Joe Humpal had a match-high 19 kills for the Raiders.
• Quin Krisik tallied 30 assists to set the tone for the offense.
• Andrew Miller and Sean Runyon led defensively with eight digs.
• Spencer Mueller and Caleb Schober recorded a match-high five block assists.
• Adrian hosts Olivet on Wednesday, April 5, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. That match is the Bulldogs final regular season home game of the season.