BLUFFTON, Ohio – The Adrian College men's soccer team blanked Bluffton 3-0 on Wednesday, Sep. 19.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Bluffton 0
Location: Bluffton, Ohio (Sears Complex)
Records: Adrian 3-3 (0-0 MIAA), Bluffton 1-6 (0-0 HCAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
It took over a half hour, but Adrian was able to open the scoring in the 31st minute when junior Garrett Miller found the back of the net off of a feed from senior Tad Davis. Davis took advantage of a Bluffton turnover in the defensive end and sent a pass on the ground across the middle to Miller who finished into the wide open net. The Bulldogs would take the 1-0 lead with them into the half.
The Bulldogs doubled their lead in the 64th minute on a goal from junior Dayton Rush. Davis and Garrett Miller played the ball into the box where Rush was able to score off a rebound through heavy traffic for the goal.
Senior Brandon Katona finished the scoring the Bulldogs by netting his second goal in as many games in the 89th minute. Freshman Robbie Precious played a long, high, ball towards the box from midfield to Katona. Katona took the ball off his chest and dribbled past his defender and unleashed a cannon from outside the box for the score.
• Garrett Miller, Rush, and Katona all scored in the game, with each making it their second tally on the season.
• Davis, Garrett Miller, and Precious each added an assist. It was Precious's first point, while Davis picked up his team leading third assist, while Miller earned his second on the year.
• Junior goalkeeper Spencer Brown stopped all four shots for a second straight shutout. Brown has only allowed two goals in his last 270 minutes of action.
• Christian Zapata and Igor Malaquias led the Beavers in shots with two apiece.
• Goalkeeper Connor Kaminicki played 89 minutes and made five saves.
The Bulldogs are on the road to face Case Western Reserve on Saturday, Sep. 22, before returning home to host Ohio Northern on Wednesday, Sep. 26 for their last non-conference game before MIAA play starts.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs