GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team was defeated 3-0 at Calvin on Tuesday night. Jordan Miller led the Bulldogs with four shot attempts, one on goal, in the losing effort.
Final Score: Calvin 3, Adrian 0
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Zuidema Field)
Records: Calvin (7-0, 3-0 MIAA), Adrian 3-3, 2-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian held off the Knights in the first half, limiting Calvin to just three shots on goal out of 10 attempts. The Bulldogs registered five shot attempts (1 on goal) in the first 45.
The Knights broke the tie in the 46th minute when Bobby McCaw scored off an assist from Jacob Witte to give Calvin the 1-0 advantage. Francisco Jay Noyola scored the insurance goal in the 66th minute. He was assisted on the play by Shaeffer Smith and Mitch Stark. The final goal was an unassisted goal scored by Daniel Norton in the 72nd minute to give the Knights the 3-0 decision.
Calvin outshot Adrian 22-13 and also gained a 10-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Miller led the Bulldog attack with his four shot attempts, landing one of them on goal.
• Brandon Katona also tallied four shot attempts in the game.
• Luke Warrick saved six of the nine shots he faced.
• Jay Noyola scored his goal on two shot attempts.
• Norton scored on his only shot attempt.
• McCaw scored once and three shot attempts, two of which were on goal.
• Nate Van Ryn saved all three shots he faced.
Adrian will return home to host Albion on Saturday, September 23 at 7:00 p.m., ET.