ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Adrian College men's and women's track and field team competed at the Don Kleinow Invitational hosted by cross-town rival Siena Heights University. The Bulldogs men finished with 87 points for a second place finish in the team rankings. The Adrian women tallied 61 points to finish in fourth as a team.
Freshman Britney Carnagie highlighted the day for the Bulldogs when she broke the program's outdoor javelin record--set in 1998--with a toss of 38.55 meters (126-6 ft.).
• Clayton Lange won the 10,000-meter run with a time of 34:48.04 finish.
• David Frey finished second in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:39.81.
• Denzel Tinsley finished 3rd in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.57, a personal best time.
• Daniel Knapp was 3rd in the 400-meter run with a time of 51.78.
• Josh Pascoe-Davison finished the 400-meter run in 51.99 for a 4th-place finish.
• Marcus Higginbottom set a personal best in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.11 seconds, good for 4th in the event.
• John Hamilton finished 4th in the long jump with a 6.37 meter best jump, a career-high mark. He was also 4th in the triple jump with a 13.04-meter mark.
• Nicholas Jackson set a personal best with his 2.08-meter high jump mark.
• Dazmond Lawrence was the fourth men's high jumper to set a personal best at the meet, clearing the bar at 2.05 meters.
• Both men's relay teams (4x100 and 4x400) finished among the top teams. The 4x100 relay team consisting of Marcus Higginbottom, Kevon Spence, Jordan Davis, and Randy Fry finished second with a season-high time of 42.00. Jordan Davis, Gabe Lopez, Josh Pascoe-Davison, and Daniel Knapp contributed to the 4x400 relay team's 4th-place finish with a 3:30.25 finish, another season high.
• Alicia Szilagi won the 10k by finishing in 39:55.02.
• Clauna Duclos finished the 400 with a career-best time of 1:00.61 to place 4th in the event.
• Taylor Sinclair was 5th in the 100-meter dash in 12.82 for 5th place.
• Olivia Vasiloff won the 5k by setting a career-best mark of 18:19.70.
• Rayona Hart-Wilson finished 3rd in the triple jump with a career-high 10.71-meter best jump.
• The women's 4x100 relay team of Rayona Hart-Wilson, Clauna Duclos, Brandi Kroll, and Taylor Sinclair finished 5th with a season-high time of 50.10 seconds for a 5th-place finish. Brandi Kroll, Taylor Sinclair, Rayona Hart-Wilson, and Clauna Duclos finished 4th in the 4x400 relay with a time of 4:09.33.
OTHER BULLDOG PERSONAL BESTS
• Idris Daranijoh accomplished three top-10 finishes: 400 (7th, 52.61), 200 (7th, 22.54), and long jump (7th, 6.31 meters). Both his times in the 200 and 400 were personal bests.
• Daniel Knapp was 9th in the 200-meter dash with a personal best time of 22.95.
• John Hamilton set a personal best mark in the high jump by clearing the bar at 2.00 meters to finish in 7th.
• Kevon Spence had a best-jump of 6.23 meters in the long jump to finish in 8th.
• Cate Bennett set personal bests in the javelin (25.29 meters, 8th), discus (31.06 meters, 7th), and the shot put (9.62 meters, 12th).
• Violet Smith was 8th in the hammer throw with a toss of 40.13 meters.
• Rayona Hart-Wilson also set a personal best in the long jump with a 5.32 meter best jump that had her finish in 8th place.
Adrian travels to Hillsdale next weekend to compete in the three-day Gina Relays that start on Thursday, April 26 and conclude on Saturday, April 28.