GRAND Rapids, Mich. - The Adrian College track and field team competed on day one of the annual MIAA Field Day on Thursday hosted by Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The women finished day one in fifth place with 14 points and the men are sixth with seven points.
• Natalie Modes qualified for the finals in two events on day one. She finished the 100-meter dash prelim in second place with a time of 12.76 seconds. The second event she qualified for was the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.55 seconds, good for sixth place.
• Rachel Dolphin also qualified for two event finals on day one--also the 100 and 200-meter dashes--finishing third in the 100 (12.83) and fourth in the 200 (26.35).
• Dakota Morgan was seventh in the 100-meter dash prelims with a time of 13.01 seconds to qualify for the finals of the event.
• Kallee Reiff qualified for the finals of the 400-meter dash prelims with a sixth-place finish with a time 1:01.50.
• Takiyah Smith won her prelim race in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.89 seconds to qualify.
• Modes finished fourth in the long jump with a 5.14m jump.
• Smith cleared 1.50m in the high jump for a sixth-place finish in the event.
• Rayona Hart-Wilson was eighth in the long jump with a 4.94m jump.
• Monica Edick placed sixth in the discus (33.89m) and seventh in the hammer throw (39.60m).
• Jordan Davis finished the 100-meter dash prelim race in fourth-place with a time of 21.79 to qualify for tomorrow's final.
• Blake Hairston qualified for the 400-meter dash finals with a prelim finish of 50.65 seconds for a sixth-place finish.
• Gabe Lopez qualified for the finals in the 400-meter hurdles with a fifth place finish (58.50).
• Davis was fifth in the long jump with a 6.41m jump.
• Kevon Spence was 10th in the long jump with a 6.00m flight.
• The men's and women's track and field team will compete on the final day of the MIAA Field Day tomorrow starting at 1:00 p.m.