GRAND RAPID, Mich. - The Adrian College men's and women's indoor track and field teams competed at the MIAA Indoor Track and Field Championships on Saturday, February 25. The men's team finished third with 78 points and the women finished fifth with 66.50 points. Rachel Dolphin won the women's 60-meter dash with a time of 8.04 seconds. Jordan Davis won both the 60-meter hurdles (8.21 seconds) and the men's high jump (1.98m) events.
MEN'S TOP FINISHERS
- Jordan Davis improved his own school record in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.21 seconds. That time also set a record for the MIAA Indoor Championship Meet. His high jump of 1.98m was also an MIAA Indoor Championship Meet record. Davis also won section seven of the 200-meter run with a time of 22.89.
- Kevon Spence won section four of the men's 200-meter with a time of 24.41 seconds.
- Gabe Lopez completed section three of the 400-meter run with a time of 53.08 seconds to win the section.
- Blake Hairston finished first in the fourth section of the 400-meter run with a time of 51.60.
WOMEN'S TOP FINISHERS
- Rachel Dolphin won the 60-meter dash with a time of 8.04. She also finished third in the sixth section of the 200-meter run with a time of 26.78.
- Alonia Slappy was first in section three of the 200-meter run with a time of 27.05.
- Kallee Reiff finished first in the 400-meter run with a time of 1:01.35.
- Takiyah Smith was second in the 60-meter hurdles (9.24).
- The Bulldogs will compete at the Polar Bear Last Chance meet hosted by Ohio Northern on Friday and Saturday, March 3 and 4. As the name of the meet implies it will be the last chance to qualify for the NCAA Indoor National Championship that will take place on Friday and Saturday, March 10 and 11.