OLIVET, Mich. - The Adrian College track and field teams finished 3rd (women's with 105 points) and 4th (men's with 93 points) in the MIAA Field Days. The two day event was hosted at Olivet College.
WOMEN'S MIAA CHAMPIONS
• Rachel Dolphin took the crown for the 100 meter dash and the 200 meter dash
• She finished the 100 in 12.43 seconds and the 200 in 25.91 seconds
• Takiyah Smith won the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 14.88 to earn her second straight MIAA championship in that event, she also set a new school record in the event running a 14.65 in the preliminaries
• The 4x100 relay team consisting of Alonia Slappy, Smith, Natalie Modes and Dolphin also set a new school record finishing first with a time of 49.08, this is the second consecutive year Adrian has finished first in that event
MEN's MIAA CHAMPIONS
• Jordan Davis had a great day winning both the 110 meter hurdles (15.16) and the 400 meter hurdles (55.04)
• Scott Campbell won the high jump for the third year in a row clearing 2.02 meters
• Jordan Simon earned the MIAA championship in the discus with a throw of 47.07 meter.
OTHER NOTABLE FINISHES
• Emily Campbell finished 2nd in the women's javelin with a throw of 34.61 meters
• The team travels to compete in the Dr. Keeler Invite hosted by North Central College on Thursday and Friday, May 12 and 13